Why Choose Seneca?
Why should your organization choose Seneca to help you with your hiring needs?
- The Seneca teams in York Region & the GTA will refer candidates to an Employer, with the intention of meeting their immediate and long term hiring needs. Seneca will assist your company in reducing your recruiting, advertising and training costs. You may even be eligible to access a short term job trial which would allow for an evaluation of the employee's potential before committing to hiring.
What is the training incentive?
- The training incentive is offered through Seneca's Employment Ontario programs. Both clients and employers must meet eligibility and suitability criteria. The amount and duration of the placement varies, depending on the circumstances and skill level of the candidate, the wage offered, the position description and job requirements. The logistics of each placement will be negotiated at the time you decide to hire.
How is the participant paid?
- The participant is placed on your payroll. The individual must receive at least minimum wage plus 4% vacation pay. You are required to make all regular deductions (CPP, EI and Federal Tax) and pay overtime if accumulated according to the Employment Standards Act.
How are you reimbursed?
- Seneca will provide you with blank invoices at the time the “on the job training” contract and training plan are signed. You will be required to complete and submit these invoices reflecting the amount of hours the employee has worked with payroll documentation on a regular basis. You will then be reimbursed the training incentive amount determined in the contract for the duration of the placement.
How do you register?
- Simply complete the Employer Information form, including Federal Business Number and Workplace Safety Insurance Coverage details. Upon receipt, we will forward resumes of potential candidates for you to review. Once you have selected a candidate, contact the JOb Developer to negotiate the contract details.
Does this program mean a lot of time and paperwork?
- No, we will visit your workplace within two weeks of the participant starting work, where a training plan is established and a placement agreement is signed.