Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
This position reports to the Vice President but supports all employees throughout the company.
The Human Resources Generalist is to provide Human Resource support to the Managers, Supervisors and Employees. Some of the key responsibilities for this role are benefit & payroll administration, WSIB case management, Return to Work activities and recruitment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and update of company policies, procedures and programs. Make recommendations and ensure implementation and consistent interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Recruit and select qualified job candidates in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Posts jobs, arrange for external advertisements and/or recruiters, screen applicants, conduct reference checks and perform new employee orientation.
- Identifies needs and helps company management and salaried personnel understand conflict management, labour relations objectives and general corporate labour relations philosophy.
- Provides research, guidance and administrative services relating to progressive discipline situations.
- Assist, advise and resolve conflict through communication of policy, expectations, personal development of each and ongoing appraisal processes. Encourage employee communication and endorse an open door policy. Assist with issues pertaining to employee discipline.
- Act as a liaison between Department Managers and staff to keep them informed on matters of policies, procedures and corporate philosophies and decisions.
- Complete payroll process from start to finish, auditing time cards, generating reports and submitting required information to payroll provider. Distribution of pay stubs and Over Time report to appropriate personnel.
- Ongoing updates and audit of Super HR – in house Human Resource software – to maintain up to date employee information
- Perform special projects or assignments as required.
- Administer the company benefit and GRRSP programs. Ensures timely processing of enrolments, changes and terminations. Coordinate payments and contributions. Ensure educational materials are available and communicated to employees on a regular basis.
- Oversee and participate in the regular administration and maintenance of Human Resources systems and related software. Review departmental and company needs, assess available technology, contact prospective vendors, and recommend system upgrades or revisions. Change programs to meet departmental requirements.
- Coordinate company-sponsored events, fundraisers, service recognition and retirement program.
- Provide advice and guidance in the area of Employment Law and policies and procedures to Managers.
- Responsible for the administration of WSIB and company return to work plan
- Liaise with WSIB representatives, health care professionals and employees in providing accurate reporting and safe and early return to work
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
- Post Secondary degree in Human Resources required
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience
- CHRP/CHRL would be an asset
- Able to work in a stand-alone position.
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills
TO APPLY Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Toronto (Junction area)